Inventory covers two main areas. The first is having a current inventory of items you own in order to substantial a future insurance claim. The second is having an inventory of all your items during a restoration process to best ensure the full recovery from a loss. Here are a few issues that can come up when inventory is not handled properly.
- If your home was hit by a tornado and everything was gone, could you name everything you own for the insurance company to replace?
- Do you know when all the items were purchased? What they cost? What their current value was when the disaster struck?
- Wondering if your insurance policy actually covers all of your contents? What about special riders for jewelry or collectibles?
- Do you have one-of-a-kind items that are not replaceable?
- What if you have a difference of opinion with your insurance company?
- If you do have a loss, how to you know someone is not taking your items before they are restored?
- Can you tell when you are going to get your items back? What if you need something quickly?
- What is the status of your items and can they be restored instead of replaced?
- Do I have supporting documentation to substantiate the condition of my items?
- Would a list of my items help me with my will and estate planning?
- If I did not survive a disaster, would my family know what I really owned?
- If all my inventory records are in my house when it burns, how will I justify my insurance claim?
Inventory issues are often overlooked until after a disaster strikes and it is too late to take an accurate inventory. We can help you take an accurate inventory, ensure you have adequate coverage, provide an off-site backup, and provide a number of services that allow you to protect yourself when it comes to the things you own. The small costs of doing this in advance do not compare to what it might cost you without a good inventory. Secondly, if you have been struck by a disaster and someone is going to take all of your possessions away for cleaning, you better make sure they can account for every last item!
As part of our contents cleaning and restoration services, we have to be able to store large quantities of items. This process of packing-out, storing, restoring, and then packing back in contents from disasters of all sizes has allowed us to offer storage services as well. We have some unique storage capabilities for both personal and business applications. Are you running into any of these issues?
- Struggling to find the right size storage facility for your needs?
- Amount of storage space you need changes on a regular basis?
- Only needing seasonal storage such as dorm room or apartment furniture over the summer?
- Looking for flexible leasing terms?
- Struggling to find indoor and climate controlled environments?
- Trying to clear out some space at home or office?
- Have to buy inventory in large quantities and need to store excess?
- Looking for a place to archive records?
- Need help in packing your items, transporting them, and maintaining accurate inventory?
Because we are not your “typical” storage facility, we can tailor our services to your unique situation. Give us a call and see if it makes sense to store with us!